Consistent, Reliable Quality
The HaloSpa-03 is a result of Halomed’s 22-plus years of health research confirming the natural benefits of salt therapy, extensive product research, development and manufacturing. The result is a device that surpasses the effectiveness and quality of earlier halogenerators, and reliably and authentically mimics natural microclimates. With minimal maintenance, the device operates virtually clog free. With routine cleaning, a simple procedure that takes just a few minutes a day, HaloSpa-03 owners will enjoy the generator’s consistent, quality performance
How the HaloSpa-03 works
The process starts in the device’s salt grinder, which breaks the salt grains into micronized particles. After micronization, the salt moves into the impactor, where smaller salt particles are separated from the larger particles. A dry, fine aerosol is delivered into the salt room by a fan. Our specialized optoelectronic DSA sensor, located in the salt room, measures DSA-concentration levels and transmits data to a controller, which compares current aerosol concentration with preset data and adjusts it by automatically controlling the on/off signals for the grinder and fan. With a consistently sustained concentration of the active DSA and negative air ions, the salt room’s environment provides the benefits of natural microclimates.
Efficient and Safe Salt Therapy
Two key factors determine the effectiveness of salt-room therapy: dry salt aerosol (DSA) concentration and size distribution of DSA particles. Both factors should be mimic natural salt caves to provide the maximum benefits of salt therapy. In all our devices:
- Average DSA concentration is controlled with an optoelectronic sensor in the salt room
- At least 80% of DSA particles have size less than 5 micrometers, due to the quality and unique design of our device, and
- Consistent DSA composition during sessions as a result of the constant speed of grinder knives.
Real-Time Controlled Salt Room Atmosphere
Salt-room owners know that it is a big challenge to keep dry salt aerosol concentration (DSA) consistent in the salt room during sessions. Aerosol is influenced by many factors: the size of salt granules fed into the generator, moisture in the salt particles, air pipe conditions, salt-room ambient humidity and temperature, as well as the actual rate of air circulation. Halomed’s devices control aerosol concentration in salt rooms and with the push of a button provide realtime confirmation of salt-room conditions.
- Average DSA concentration adjustment range: 1 - 12 mg/m³ * *
- Size of aerosol particles in salt room: less than 5 micrometers for 80% of particles
- Minimum volume of salt room: 635 cu ft (about 18 m³)
- Maximum volume of salt room **: 5,300 cu ft (about 150 m³)
- Operating voltage: 24V DC
- Operating mode: iterative short-time cyclic
- Salt loading: manual
- Power consumption in operating mode at
Working grinder: max 70W
Idle grinder: 15W
Device: 11.8” x 11.8” x9.5” (300 mm x 300 mm x 240 mm)
DSA sensor: 6.9” x 3.7” x1.8” (175 mm x 95 mm x 45 mm)
Device: 7.7 lb (3.5kg)
DSA sensor: 0.7 lb (0.3 kg)
- Wall mounted
- Supplied accessory:
AC adaptor: 100 – 240V, 50-60 Hz
- External environment:
Temperature: from 50 to 84.2°F (from 10 to 29°С)
Relative humidity: up to 80% at 77°F (25°C)
Atmospheric pressure: from 630 to 800 mm Hg (from 84 to 106.7 kPa)
*(1) The average DSA concentration in the salt room achieves the specified level within 2 – 10 minutes from the start of the session. (2) The average DSA concentration is measured in conditions that comply with manufacture’s specification. (3) The average DSA concentration may be influenced by the salt room’s volume, rate of air circulation and other factors, so it may differ from specified values in actual practice. **Maximum volume of the salt room is the volume of the salt room that enables sessions to have an average DSA concentration within the range of 1 to at least 10 mg/m3. *
The device is designed for use with salt that complies with the following
- Salt should have at least 80% (by volume) of particles with a size up to 0.8 mm
- Salt should not contain aggregated particles larger than 1.5 mm in size
- Salt complying with United States Pharmacopeia/National Formulary is preferred
- Do not use iodized salt, “Dead Sea” salts, or salt enriched with magnesium.
Dry aerosol generation is the most effective in the following conditions:
- In humidity up to 60%
- Sodium chloride preparation loading: 1.52±0.07 fl oz (45±2 ml)
- Rate of air circulation in the salt room must conform to the local minimal allowable rate
- Routine device and DSA sensor cleaning
US and Canadian patents pending on device design.
This device is not intended for use in the diagnosis of disease or other conditions, or in the cure, mitigation, treatment, or prevention of disease, in humans or animals. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration has not evaluated this device. This device produces and disperses dry sodium chloride (salt) aerosol. Dry salt aerosol can penetrate unprotected electronic, electrical, electromechanical and mechanical devices and systems, and salt residue can accumulate on their external and internal surfaces. Salt accumulates on floors, walls, and ceilings and in the HVAC systems of premises where halogenerators are used. When wet, salt is corrosive to unprotected metals and is electrically conductive.